Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Checklist
Once you’ve registered your Team, here are some next steps:
- Make a self-donation in any denomination to show your commitment
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit.
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office,
campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas.
Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so
people can contact you to get involved. (Brochures, posters and yard
signs will be available at the Komen office starting in September)
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages and keep tabs on their donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
- For a complete list of Team Captain Responsibilities, click here.
Sign up today to have your team picture taken!
Team photos will be taken in the Teams Area of Linn Park
on Race Day starting at 7:15 am. Time slots are limited
and it is first come, first served.
Click HERE to sign up!
Last year, Teams raised more than $235,000 for the fight to end breast cancer. That’s a huge impact!
Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community.
There are two ways that teams can engage in fundraising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation. To get tips and tools on personal fundraising, click here.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer
to the reality of a world without breast cancer. But be sure to check
out the Team Rewards page for more information on how we thank our top performing teams!
Team T-shirt Competition
time to get creative! The Team T-shirt Competition is always a great
way to get your team members involved, and it can also be a great way to
fundraise! For complete rules and guidelines click HERE
Downloadable logo insignias for Race Teams: